Interfaith Ministries is re-opening our Emergency Assistance Program for prescriptions, identification and rent assistance to serve those in Calhoun County in need- especially those economically affected by the Covid 19 crisis.
- Clients requesting assistance may come into Interfaith Ministries to pick up an application for assistance or clients may fill out the online application or download the application.
- We are NOT providing assistance with Alabama Power bills at this time.
- Clients are also required to bring with them ALL of the following documentation:
- The completed, signed application for assistance
- ID cards for self and every other adult in the household
- SS Cards for every member of their household
- Proof of income to include- last two months pay stubs, SS award letter, Food Stamp award letter, proof of any other source of income
- For rent: copy of lease agreement and notice of eviction
Share This Page:
Interfaith Ministries provides assistance for utilities, rent, transportation, prescriptions, and other needs with the goal of preventing homelessness.
Our staff carefully screens clients, provides counseling and networks with other social service agencies so we can provide for the community we love.
Please note, this is a one time assistance program. This is design to prevent homelessness due to unforeseen bills and expenses.
• Resident of Calhoun County
• Advised to get a referral from Family Services, 105 West 15th Street, Anniston
• Complete Emergency Assistance Application
• Interview with a staff member at Interfaith Ministries at 1431 Gurnee Avenue
• Provide a picture ID and social security card
• Provide a utility or rent bill, print out of prescription cost from the pharmacy, or other documentation of expenses
• Sign a Charity Tracker Agreement